An effective health and safety management system ensures that responsibilities are allocated, risks are effectively controlled, and that employees and others who may be affected are protected from harm. The essential ‘core’ of a successful management system is the organisation’s documented Health and Safety Policy, which should be bespoke for an organisation and cover all its activities, as well as its occupational health and safety arrangements.
Aegis has vast experience in assisting a diverse range of organisations to implement an effective health and safety management system and can assist with the preparation of:
- Health and safety policy documentation – at corporate or site level
- Safe working procedures and arrangements
- Company health and Safety manuals
- Checklists and standard forms
Aegis can also provide a range of support services including the following:
- Hands-on support and assistance in successfully implementing an effective health and safety management system
- A full range of health and safety management and awareness training
- On-going advice, either in person or remotely, on health and safety legislation, fulfilling the role of ‘Health and Safety Competent Person’ as defined in Regulation 7, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Monitoring and review of health and safety management systems
- Specialist services such as workplace noise, hand/arm vibration and machinery safety assessments
Aegis can offer these services to companies in most industries, and have extensive experience within the engineering, construction, education and public sector fields.