An effective Environmental Management System (EMS) helps an organisation achieve its environmental goals through consistent review, evaluation, and improvement of its environmental performance. A consistent review and evaluation process will identify opportunities for improving the environmental performance of the organisation.
The main parts of an EMS include:
- Reviewing the organisation’s environmental goals
- Analysing its environmental impacts and aspects
- Setting objectives to reduce environmental impacts and comply with legal requirements
- Establishing programs to meet these objectives
- Monitoring and measuring progress in achieving the objectives
- Ensuring employees’ environmental awareness and competence
Aegis can assist organisations in the development and implementation of a successful EMS.