What are the latest construction Site Operating Procedures?
While many construction sites remained operational during the height of the COVID-19 lockdown, many builders which had paused operations are now heading back to work as the government confirms construction sites are safe to reopen.
In line with this, the Construction Leadership Council has updated its Construction Site Operating Procedures guidance. The latest guidance can be found here.
The fourth version of the guide has been updated to incorporate a number of technical changes following the recently published government guidance on working safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
Changes include removal of the requirement for face-to-face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less.
The section on PPE now also links to the latest government guidance on face coverings.
Other changes include:
- References to one-way systems and the reconfiguration of seating and tables
- An update on portable toilets
- The requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce
- Clarification on when to travel to work, as set out in the Government’s COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
- Updated links and wording on social distancing
Contact Aegis to find out more about Construction Site Operating Procedures, and how we can support your business in meeting health and safety regulations and guidance.