We are licensed by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) to provide this essential course. Our team of consultants are qualified and approved to deliver this valuable training.
What will I get from this course?
Successful completion of the training, and end-ofcourse assessment, results in a nationally recognised
qualification in health and safety management.
The course is recognised as the ‘market leader’ in
health and safety training for front-line managers and
supervisors. It provides the opportunity for
delegates to gain:
- A nationally recognised qualification in health and
- An improved understanding and awareness
of health and safety risk management and
- Knowledge and confidence to successfully
implement a health and safety management system
- An increased understanding of liability insurance
claims defence strategies.
The overall course is of four days in duration. This may
be split into various formats such as:
- 2 x 2 mid-week days on consecutive weeks
(the most popular format)
- 1 x 4-day block
- 1 x day release over 4 weeks.
The course consists of the following modules:
- Module 1 – Introduction to Health and Safety
- Module 2 – Risk Assessment
- Module 3 – Risk Control
- Module 4 – Understanding Your Responsibilities
(legal requirements and safety
- Module 5 – Common Hazards (including specific risk
assessments and control measures)
- Module 6 – Accident Reporting and Investigation
(including insurance liability claims defence)
- Module 7 – Measuring Performance
(inspections and auditing)
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone with
responsibilities for, or an interest in health and
safety management, including:
- Senior managers and line managers
- Supervisory staff
- Premises and site managers
- Employees with specific health and safety responsibilities e.g. maintenance employees
- Managers with ‘authority and influence’ e.g. HR or contracts managers
- Union safety representatives / non–union representatives of employee safety
Tailored to suit your needs
Although falling within the IOSH syllabus, the course content can be ‘tailored’ to meet each customer’s exact requirements. Customers’ own unique safety management systems and procedures can also be incorporated if required. Each delegate receives a course handbook produced by IOSH, a handout and information sheets. An end of course exam and project based on a risk assessment of the delegate’s individual
workplace completes the course.
Why choose Aegis?
- Aegis was established in 1994 and has achieved an enviable reputation for the highest standards of quality, service and value.
- Accessible location with ample parking and state of the art training facilities.
- We guarantee a 100% pass rate – in the unlikely event of a failure, we offer free re-sits until a pass is achieved.
- Our course content can be ‘tailored’ to meet each customer’s exact requirements. Customer’s own unique safety management systems and procedures such as risk assessment and inspection formats can
also be incorporated if required.
- All our trainers have practical experience of ‘handson’ safety management, including fire safety, enforcement and the insurance industry. In addition to training experience, all are practising consultants with an extensive client portfolio.
All our trainers are Chartered Safety Practitioners, with practical knowledge and experience. Each has health and safety qualifications up to MSc level, as well as many specialist qualifications such as environmental
management, fire safety and acoustics. Our trainers have been presenting IOSH Managing Safely since the 1990s and have delivered the course to a wide range of diverse business sectors including:
- Commercial and retail
- Housing associations and care providers
- Police authorities
Our fees for presenting the course are fully inclusive of all course materials and IOSH registration/certification fees and can be agreed based on the number of delegates and course format.
For further details please contact us:
Aegis Services Limited
15 Navigation Business Village