Aegis requires additional CDM Principal Designer to work on diverse portfolio of projects
Aegis Services Ltd specialises in the provision of construction health and safety consultancy services. As a result of continued success and planned growth we are seeking to recruit an experienced CDM Principal Designer in order to strengthen our established team.
Working as part of that experienced CDM team, the successful candidate will be a qualified professional able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of working within a construction health and safety consultancy environment.
The successful candidate will be tasked with providing support and services to an established existing client base in the North West across all phases of the design and construction lifecycle on a range of challenging projects. They will be able to demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects across a number of clients. They will possess the capability to communicate at all levels and be able to work effectively with project stakeholders to ensure health and safety issues are properly addressed and managed throughout the project lifecycle.
The role requires an in-depth understanding of design and construction processes and the legal requirements of the CDM Regulations 2015 and how these apply to project duty holders.
To be considered for this role it is envisaged that the successful candidate will:
• Be educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) in a construction design-related discipline OR have significant experience gained in a relevant discipline
• Have NEBOSH Diploma Part 1 or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
• Be professionally qualified as Registered Member of the Association of Project Safety (RMaPS) 2015 OR on the Institution of Civil Engineering Health and Safety Register OR equivalent professional qualification
• Possess at least 5 years relevant experience in design or construction
• Possess a valid UK driving licence
The role is based in Preston although travel to meetings/sites across the North West will be required on an almost daily basis. Occasional travel to other parts of the UK may be required.
This is a full time role ideally although a substantial part time role may be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are fully committed to treating all our employees and job applicants equally.
Given our client base the successful applicant must be a UK national and be capable of successfully gaining the UK Government Baseline Personal Security Standard (BPSS).
If you are interested in this role please contact the Commercial Director on 01772 736522 for an initial informal discussion or via email: email@example.com